Thursday, May 25, 2017

Blog 10: Final Blog Post

The majority of people say they hate reading. When people say they don’t read or they don’t like reading I wonder how that’s even possible. Reading books has been in my life since before I could read myself. I’ve always read before going to bed and whenever I have the time to I grab a book and read. When I was younger my mom always took me to story time at the library. We would pick out books and sit there for hours reading them. When I could read for myself, I would always have books with me. No matter where I went, I was guaranteed to be carrying a book. Soon after, I wouldn’t carry just one book, I would have several books with me at all times. I look at my bookshelf and I see it bursting with books. I read one and as soon as I finish it, I pick up another.
Image result for booksBeing an avid reader really shaped my view on the world because I had the opportunity to experience other lives through the characters eyes. Of all the books I’ve read, the one that stands out to me the most is Touch and Go by Lisa Gardner. It teaches the readers that a small simple mistake in life can have a catastrophic change in the timeline. Reading something like that opened my eyes to see what is between the lines and that’s what keeps fueling my love for reading.
My favorite genre, my favorite authors, all have to go under Science Fiction and Mystery/Thriller. J.K. Rowling, Lisa Gardner, James Dashner, Michael Grant and many more. Something about their writing style and the way to draw readers in intrigues me.
Image result for ebooksWhat bothers me with reading is the fact that people think electronic reading is the same as print book reading. It's not the same thing! E-Book reading doesn't give you the same feel with Print Books. When you read print books, you get to feel the pages in your hand, be satisfied with the physical evidence of how far you're in the book and the old book smell. E-Books can blind you especially when reading in the dark by the fire. It's not easy to snuggle, get comfortable and read by the fireplace.
You know those people that read like crazy, maybe carrying several books with them at a time? Yeah, that’s me. Maybe 2. Maybe 4. I don’t even know. The highest I’ve gone was 6 books at once. Was it hard to read and keep track of them all? Not really because each book was different from the other. The genre might be the same but content wise it’s drastically different which I like so it’s easier to read.
Reading makes my world easy. It allows me to live several lives and be in other people’s shoes. Things that most don’t understand.





x

No comments:

Post a Comment