Monday, October 20, 2014

THE MAZE RUNNER

Since i finished Soulstice I started reading The Maze Runner. The book is really good so far. I actually haven't gotten that far in it. Just finished chapter 3. I'm at the part where Thomas is starting to ask so many questions about the Glades and the Grievers. The book so far is similar to the movie which i like. Okay so for me, I usually watch the movie first to get a feel of what the characters look like and if the book is worth reading. I don't like reading the book first, then imagine how the characters would be then watch the movie and they are nothing to what I imagined. Except for Harry Potter since I grew up with watching the movies. For Maze Runner the movie was amazing so I decided  to read the book. Hunger Games and Divergent movies weren't that good so I didn't read the books.

The author did a good job showing Thomas' feelings towards everything and how others felt about him. Watching the movie helped a lot because I honestly didn't think there would be so much in the book or movie. This is not a typical book I'd normally read, hence my other books. The actors in the movie did an amazing job portraying the characters and bringing them to life. Dylan O'Brien from Teen Wolf did an outstanding job playing Thomas because they way Thomas was done in the books, O'Brien did something like that playing Stiles as a confused, strong-minded person in season 3B of Teen Wolf. Honestly if O'Brien didn't get the part of Thomas, I wouldn't have seen the movie. No one plays Thomas any better than Dylan O'Brien does!

This is a book i normally won't read because this type of genre isn't really for my liking, but when i saw the movie i loved it and decided to give the book and genre a go. Look how that turned out.. I love the book as i did with the movie. I'm glad i gave it a go!




sorry this blog post was published a little late...

No comments:

Post a Comment